[Development] QtMultimedia and GStreamer 1.0

Jim Hodapp jim.hodapp at canonical.com
Wed Oct 23 16:10:13 CEST 2013

Hello,

Based on Ilay’s work [1], I’ve further ported the QtMultimedia code
to GStreamer 1.0 and have added support for rendering on the new Ubuntu
Touch platform. Right now, this will render to SurfaceFlinger or Mir.
I’d like to work to get this QtMultimedia port upstreamed to the
QtMultimedia project itself. If there is already another parallel
effort going on, we should check for duplicate efforts and merge
efforts. [2]

So whoever is responsible for QtMultimedia upstream, can you please
reply so we can get a discussion going?

[1] http://qt-project.org/forums/viewthread/21995/
[2] https://github.com/jhodapp/qtmultimedia

Thanks,