[Development] Removing libudev dependency from binary packages?

Laszlo Papp lpapp at kde.org
Wed Oct 23 17:45:26 CEST 2013

On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 4:06 PM, Sune Vuorela <nospam at vuorela.dk> wrote:

> On 2013-10-21, Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com> wrote:
> > Anyway, my suggestion thus:
> >  - QtSerialPort: statically link to libudev
>
> btw, does anyone know how close the libudev version should match the
> udev-daemon version?  are there any library/daemon protocol stability
> guarantees?
> What happens if there is a mismatch?

We agreed with Kai on IRC, when discussing this topic, that we would ask
the udev mailing list for an authoritative reply unless someone can confirm
that on this list just as well. For the record if they do not break the
compatibility so easily between the daemon and the library, we can get a
3rdparty folder in QtSerialPort if others are OK with that.

Laszlo

If someone can build QtSerialPort with libudev.so.0, and send me the
libraries and examples in private, I can run the "cenumerator" example on
my new Arch system (containing the new udev variant) to see if I get the
serial ports listed properly.