[Development] Compilation time very slow

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Wed Oct 23 18:04:53 CEST 2013

On quarta-feira, 23 de outubro de 2013 16:30:04, Olivier Austina wrote:
> Hi
> I am using Qt 4.8 and Qt Creator 2.7.0 on Windows XP SP3. I am using also
> Boost C++. When I compile it take 2-3 minutes to compile.How can I reduce
> this time? Thank you

1) Don't include what you don't need
2) Don't use boost (their headers are too big)
3) Don't use Windows (the operating system and filesystems are too slow)
 3.b) don't use MinGW (it uses sub-processes a lot, which are slow on Windows)

PS: this list is for development of Qt. Your problem does not seem related to
Qt at all, much less about the development of the libraries.