[Development] Qt 5.2.0 - Beta Release Testing

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Fri Oct 25 00:11:50 CEST 2013

On sexta-feira, 25 de outubro de 2013 08:43:49, Christian Gagneraud wrote:
> I guess I'm not the first one to ask, are you guys considering to
> provide a qt-linux-opensource-*-mingw-* ? That is a Qt for windows that
> can be used to cross-compile on Linux.

Hello Christian

We have not considered that. Support for cross-compiling to Windows has never
been official and we don't have any tests for that.

Also note that it depends on *which* cross compiler you have. We'd have to
ship the mingw compilers for Linux just like we do for Windows -- the ones on
Fedora, for example, are not usable because they use SJLJ exceptions and we're
switching to DW2/SEH on Windows.

It's probably best that the cross-compiled versions of Qt get distributed by
the same community that produces the mingw cross-compiler in the first place.
Fedora does that:

# yum search mingw32-qt
Loaded plugins: auto-update-debuginfo, langpacks, presto, refresh-packagekit
====================== N/S Matched: mingw32-qt =============================
mingw32-qt-debuginfo.noarch : Debug information for package mingw32-qt
mingw32-qt-static.noarch : Static version of the mingw32-qt library
mingw32-qt-tools.noarch : Various tools belonging to the mingw32-qt library
mingw32-qt5-qtbase-debuginfo.noarch : Debug information for package mingw32-
qt5-qtbase
mingw32-qt5-qtbase-static.noarch : Static version of the mingw32-qt5-qtbase
library
mingw32-qt.noarch : Qt for Windows
mingw32-qt-qmake.x86_64 : Qt for Windows Build Environment
mingw32-qt5-qmake.x86_64 : Qt5 for Windows build environment
mingw32-qt5-qtbase.noarch : Qt5 for Windows - QtBase component
mingw32-qt5-qtbase-devel.i686 : Qt5 for Windows build environment
mingw32-qt5-qtbase-devel.x86_64 : Qt5 for Windows build environment