[Development] Qt 5.2.0 - Beta Release Testing

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Fri Oct 25 09:54:57 CEST 2013

On sexta-feira, 25 de outubro de 2013 17:35:59, Christian Gagneraud wrote:
> On 25/10/13 11:11, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> > Also note that it depends on *which* cross compiler you have. We'd have to
> > ship the mingw compilers for Linux just like we do for Windows -- the ones
> > on
> Are you saying that qt-linux-opensource-*-mingw* contains a toolchain too?

No, it doesn't exist. I can't tell you what is inside it if it doesn't exist.

I'm saying that if we created it, we'd have to include a toolchain inside.

> You could also use the "It works with *this* toolchain" approach,
> similar to how you handle android and BB as they come with their
> dedicated SDK.

<sarcasm>Oh, sure. Let's all point to the Fedora mingw32. Let's see what the
Ubuntu users think of that!</sarcasm>

No, we'd need to supply a toolchain for everyone.

> According to [1], it's not mingw's fault, thoughts, I don't know who is
> responsible of "The Dwarf-2 EH implementation for Windows". If Qt switch
> to Dwarf-2 EH, it would mean that it will be incompatible with
> mimgw-w64, isn't it a big loose for Qt then? Does that impact mingw-w32 too?

We'll switch to DW2 for 32-bit and SEH for 64-bit. Those options have zero
runtime cost.

We don't care about throwing across Win32 functions compiled with other
compilers (including system functions). We don't throw in our code, so we want
to make our code as fast as possible. If you use exceptions in your code and
DW2 is unsuitable, you'll have to recompile.