[Development] Qt 4.8.6 Release Plans

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Tue Oct 29 16:18:07 CET 2013

On quarta-feira, 14 de agosto de 2013 13:15:42, Jonathan Liu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Are there any plans for a Qt 4.8.6 release in the near future?
>
> Qt 4.8.5 was unfortunately released with a critical graphics drawing
> regression (see QTBUG-31579) from Qt 4.8.4 which meant that I am
> unable to update to it but this is fixed in 4.8 branch. There is also
> a fix for QHttpMultiPart data corruption bug (see QTBUG-32534) that I
> am affected by.

Hello all

I'd say that now is time to begin preparations for Qt 4.8.6, especially about
critical backports for supporting OS X 10.9 (Mavericks). We also have 133
changes in the 4.8 branch right now and it has been 118 days since 4.8.5.

We should take the time afforded by having the 5.2 beta last week. The release
candidates will take a couple more weeks to release.