[Development] Qt 5.2 Beta, possible memory leak(s)

Julien Blanc julien.blanc at nmc-company.fr
Thu Oct 31 13:42:24 CET 2013

Le 31/10/2013 12:29, Koehne Kai a écrit :
> I'm not completely opposed to calling u_cleanup(), but we've to keep in mind that ICU API might get called very late (e.g. even in destructors of static objects, when someone decides to add say a qDebug() there). What happens if I call ICU API after u_cleanup() is called? Will it just miss data, or crash? This would need to be thoroughly tested ...

Seems a good candidate for a phoenix singleton[1], then.

Wouldn’t it make sense to call u_cleanup only in debug mode ? Since it
is just a matter of false positive in memory leaks analyzers…[2]

Regards,

Julien

[1] as per Alexandrescu’s definition in modern c++

[2] the issue may not be as neglictible as it seems. Having no memory
leaks reported is a sane check in a continuous integration system.