[Development] QSharedPointer - Enable shared from this

Cristian Pallarés skyrpex at gmail.com
Thu Oct 31 15:57:13 CET 2013

Hi folks,

https://codereview.qt-project.org/60346

I've waited quite a bit for this feature. C++11 already ships this
implementation, which makes std::shared_ptr very powerful, but the review
process for the Qt implementation looks frozen.

QSharedPointer is limited to me for that missing feature. For example, I
want to make a tree class that uses shared pointers. Without "shared from
this" I have to write very ugly things such privatizing the class
constructors and implementing a public static "constructor" that creates
the shared pointer for me and stores a weak pointer to the class itself.

I'm wondering if could someone take a look at that.

Thank you,