[Development] iOS /Qt 5.2 beta 1 issues QtQuick 1.1 and 2.0

Eduardo Montesinos emontesinos at e-gits.com
Tue Oct 15 13:54:03 CEST 2013

Hi everybody,

just installed the latest 5.2.0 beta 1 snapshot for iOS
(qt-mac-opensource-5.2.0-beta1-ios-x64-offline_2013-10-14_15-02-04-93.dmg)
and ran into a few issues. I am wondering if I am doing something odd,
but I did not find any "HowTo" documentation, here is what I've done:

1) I set up a project using QtQuick 1.1 and a very simple QML (inside an
qrc) file showing a TextInput field. I got this running on. The QML is
invoked using auto-generated qmlapplicationviewer and in main.cpp with

 1.
    viewer.setSource(QUrl
    <http://qt-project.org/doc/QUrl.html>("qrc:/qml/Test.qml"));

The QML:

 1.
    Rectangle {
 2.
        width: 800
 3.
        height: 600
 4.

 5.
        Rectangle {
 6.
            id: rectInput
 7.
            width: 100
 8.
            height: 40
 9.

10.
            border.width: 1
11.
            border.color: "blue"
12.

13.
            TextInput {
14.
                anchors.fill: parent
15.
                id: testInput
16.
                text: "Test"
17.

18.
                MouseArea {
19.
                    anchors.fill: parent
20.

21.
                    onClicked: {
22.
                        testInput.focus = true
23.
                        testInput.openSoftwareInputPanel()
24.
                        console.log("TextInput:<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<")
25.
                    }
26.
                }
27.
            }
28.
        }
29.
    }

Then I run qmake and open the generated xcodeproj in XCode, build and
run in simulator. The app starts up, but clicking on the TextInput field
does no effect, no keyboard on screen shows up. The lines

 1.
    testInput.focus = true
 2.
    testInput.openSoftwareInputPanel()

were added later, but still no effect, still no keyboard showing up.

2) I alternatively tried to use QtQuick 2.0 and auto-generated
qtquick2applicationviewer, ran qmake and opened the generated xcodeproj
in XCode, built and ran it on the simulator, but then on the debug
output I got
*qrc:/qml/Test.qml:1:1: module "QtQuick" is not installed*
although in XCode in section Frameworks Qt5Quick is shown. As Qt5.2.0
beta 1 is said to support QtQuick 2 in iOS I am wondering why it is not
found. I am using XCode 4.6.3

As suggested by sierdzio <http://qt-project.org/member/12548> , I am
posting this here to get your opinion whether I am missing something
fundamental or if this is are bugs worth being reported.

Thanks in advance.

--
Kind regards

Eduardo Montesinos