[Development] QT4.8.5 issue: multi-touch message cannot handled by "close" button

Rutledge Shawn Shawn.Rutledge at digia.com
Fri Sep 13 10:11:12 CEST 2013

On 13 Sep 2013, at 9:44 AM, Duan Fugang-B38611 wrote:
> The KDE is not kwin, is matchbox-window-manager.

OK I can reproduce it, so it seems to be an issue with matchbox (and matchbox is not using Qt).  But it was designed for PDAs, so maybe there is a solution.  The touch drivers for Linux PDAs back then (iPaq, Zaurus, Agenda etc.) only provided mouse events, because XInput didn't have touch until recently, and anyway a resistive touchscreen is just like a single-button mouse.  But the evdev driver should be making your multi-touch screen emulate a mouse too, so then I wonder what matchbox is doing so that it doesn't work.  Maybe it has been partially updated to support touch but doesn't do it correctly?  But you can google and/or find a matchbox mailing list or forum to ask about that, or look at the source and see if it uses xinput or just the conventional old X11 mouse events.