[Development] QT4.8.5 issue: multi-touch message cannot handled by "close" button

Duan Fugang-B38611 B38611 at freescale.com
Fri Sep 13 10:29:02 CEST 2013

From: Rutledge Shawn <Shawn.Rutledge at digia.com>
Data: Friday, September 13, 2013 4:11 PM

> To: development at qt-project.org
> Subject: [Development] QT4.8.5 issue: multi-touch message cannot handled
> by "close" button
>
> On 13 Sep 2013, at 9:44 AM, Duan Fugang-B38611 wrote:
> > The KDE is not kwin, is matchbox-window-manager.
>
> OK I can reproduce it, so it seems to be an issue with matchbox (and
> matchbox is not using Qt).  But it was designed for PDAs, so maybe there
> is a solution.  The touch drivers for Linux PDAs back then (iPaq, Zaurus,
> Agenda etc.) only provided mouse events, because XInput didn't have touch
> until recently, and anyway a resistive touchscreen is just like a single-
> button mouse.  But the evdev driver should be making your multi-touch
> screen emulate a mouse too, so then I wonder what matchbox is doing so
> that it doesn't work.  Maybe it has been partially updated to support
> touch but doesn't do it correctly?  But you can google and/or find a
> matchbox mailing list or forum to ask about that, or look at the source
> and see if it uses xinput or just the conventional old X11 mouse events.

The current Linux egalax driver locates: drivers/input/touchscreen/egalax_ts.c (you can get it from Linux-next git)
When I disable multitouch in the egalax driver to let it work on single touch mode, the window of QT apps can be closed by clicked window "X" button at up-right region.

The single touch mode report "BTN_TOUCH" event comparing with multi-touch.
How to explain it ?

Thanks,
Andy