[Development] [QtSerialPort] Leaving from the project

Àlex Fiestas afiestas at kde.org
Wed Sep 18 13:32:19 CEST 2013

On Wednesday 18 September 2013 14:14:51 Denis Shienkov wrote:
> Hello All.
>
> I am the main maintainer of the project QtSerialPort (at least I him was
> earlier), and I made the decision to leave the project.
>
> The Reason is banal: I have different points of view with the person Laszlo
> Papp - we won't work well together, alas...
>
> After I added this person to the project and provided it the rights
> approving - it gradually started blocking made changes as mine, and other
> people without a good reason (in my opinion).
>
> He considers that its judgement - is truth and permanently ignores judgement
> of other people about some issues. I don't like such situation, but I can't
> undertake anything.
>
> Permanently promises to make some decisions in the best way, but over and
> over again he is that busy and simply ignores them in future. As a result,
> he only promises, but doesn't offer any alternatives, being covered with
> the some phrases and excuses, like "I planned to refactor it...", "I
> planned to make it on another way...", "You wrong...", "I'm busy..." and so
> on.
>
> As a result, the patches (that resolve issues) will be or abandoned or
> blocked. And users don't receive timely fixes.
>
> I was tired to argue permanently with this person who doesn't want to accept
> judgement of other people, this is the person with very difficult nature
> (for me). I consider that I made a big mistake when provided it the
> approver rights for QtSerialPort earlier.
>
> As a result, since this person considers himself is highest than all others,
> I made only the right decision - to leave the project.
>From what you explain, it would seem more reasonable to make that person leave
the project, since you are the maintainer after all.

> I was tired to worry permanently about the project, to do support on the
> forums, to argue with this person, etc. If he is such smart, I consider
> that he will be able independently to pull the project (probably he was
> plans - team lead (king and god)).
>
> So, Thiago, Lars, Sergio, please delete to me the approver rights for the
> QtSerialPort project... (or who shall do it?)
>
> PS: I regret that so quitted, I hard got my decision... I don't see
> perspectives of my involvement in this project at current moment.
>
> Sorry, All..
>
> Best regards,
> Denis

In KDE we have a group of people called "The community working group" that is
there to help resolving in the most friendly way these kind of situations.

We have found the CWG to be invaluable for the correct operation of our
community, so I'd recommend Qt to create something like this.

Cheers.