[Development] [QtSerialPort] Leaving from the project

Frederik Gladhorn frederik.gladhorn at digia.com
Thu Sep 19 16:51:34 CEST 2013

Hello Denis,

first of all thank you for your efforts, I think the serial port module is a
really nice addition to the Qt Project and would not have happened without
your initiative.

I'm really sad to hear of your struggles and would have hoped that we work in
a more constructive way inside the Qt Project. Generally I have the feeling
that we work together and discussions are technical and sometimes hard but
usually turn into improvements in the code.

You as maintainer should not have to step down because someone is not open for
sensible discussion. Since you are the maintainer, it is really disappointing
to hear that you were ignored. For the future I would recommend reaching out
to others to mediate in cases like this.

You as maintainer have the right to draw the line and at some point decide
that if someone drives the project in a bad direction and is not open to
sensible discussion, that person and not you should leave/lose their approver
rights.

Thank you for your contributions,
Frederik

(hoping strongly that we will continue to be a friendly, cooperative and
productive community...)