[Development] Qt Category Logging Patch - please review

Koehne Kai Kai.Koehne at digia.com
Fri Sep 20 12:01:45 CEST 2013

Hi,

Looks like QLoggingCategory, qCDebug and friends will make it into 5.2 :) The change is  approve, though it didn't make it through the CI system yet ...

I have a small last-minute follow up change though which should allow us to make better use of the categories once we replace most of qWarning etc in the Qt libraries itself. It makes sure that non-default categories are printed along the actual message:

https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,66007,patchset=2

To not break any code and also keep behavioral compatibility the 'default' category won't be printed.

Any thoughts on this?

Regards

Kai