[Development] [Releasing] HEADS UP: Starting preparations for Qt 5.2.0 - merge 'dev' into 'stable'

Sergio Ahumada sergio.ahumada at digia.com
Mon Sep 23 12:06:13 CEST 2013

On 09/23/2013 07:59 AM, Ahumada Sergio wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The merge from 'dev' to 'stable' is happening now as we speak.
>
> The plan is the following:
>
> - We will block the "Merge Patch Set X to Staging" button for all the repositories listed below (for the 'dev' branch).
> - We will wait for changes still under test until they are all merged and/or back to Review in Progress.
> - We will proceed with the merge for all the repositories listed below.
> - We will leave the "Merge Patch Set X to Staging" blocked for around two to three days, to avoid that changes get merged to the wrong branch and need to be cherry-picked.
>
> If your changes didn't make it and they are meant for Qt 5.2.0 please re-target them to the 'stable' branch after the merges are done.
>
> The same policies apply as before for the 'stable' branch after the merges are done.
>
> Cheers,
> --
> Sergio Ahumada
> Release Engineer - Digia, Qt

Hi,

All merges are now done, so changes required for Qt 5.2.0 need to be
pushed/re-targeted to the 'stable' branch from now on. No new features
are allowed unless they are approved by Lars.

Changes in the current 'dev' branch will be part of the Qt 5.3.0
release. Bumping the Qt version in 'dev' starts with
https://codereview.qt-project.org/66129 after 'dev' opens again in a
couple of days.

Cheers,
--