[Development] Minified javascript libraries in Qt source code

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Thu Sep 26 18:42:01 CEST 2013

On quinta-feira, 26 de setembro de 2013 11:31:07, Lisandro Damián Nicanor
Pérez Meyer wrote:
> This means that if Qt ships a minified javascript library, a Debian
> maintainer  should either:
>
> a) Repack the source tarball without the minified javascript libs and use
> the  system provided ones prior to start the building process.
>
> b) Repack the source tarball to include the unminified javascript libs and
> either minify them upon build time or use them unminified (after all, they
> are  mostly used in examples).
>
> c) Upon proper configuration (like ./configure --use-system-js), use the
> system lib to provide the (un)minified js.

Since we wouldn't be modifying the libraries, we'd just be passing them
through, can we have option d:

 d) Ship the libraries unmodified from upstream and include a link to where
they were obtained and where to obtain the non-minified sources.

Or is that not acceptable as per our own licensing? That is, since we're
shipping our sources as LGPLv2.1, do we need to ship the 3rdparty JS libraries
we use in their preferred form for modification?

PS: examples are licensed BSD.