[Development] Documentation todo for Qt 5.2

Mark markg85 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 27 18:42:09 CEST 2013

On Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 1:33 PM, Pasion Jerome <Jerome.Pasion at digia.com>wrote:

>  Hello all,
>
> Moving forward, this is a sanity check list related to documentation.
> I would like to get people to start looking at their content for missing
> documentation sooner than later.
>
> (I'm linking to the documentation from stable, but these should apply to
> all Qt 5 branches)
>
> Mainly:
> - New modules should be listed as either an "Essential" or an "Add-On":
> http://doc-snapshot.qt-project.org/qt5-stable/qtmodules.html
> -Classes should be in the "All Classes" page:
> http://doc-snapshot.qt-project.org/qt5-stable/classes.html
> -QML types should be in the "All QML Types" page:
> http://doc-snapshot.qt-project.org/qt5-stable/qmltypes.html
> -pages should be accessible from the main page through the "Overviews",
> "Reference", and "Getting Started" sections. (Don't bury the pages so
> nobody can find them).
> -wiki material (which is convenient during the planning and development
> phases) should be ported over to the Qt reference so they get packaged with
> the installers.
> -the same requirements for every module still apply: landing page, C++
> classes page, QML types page, examples, and overview. The requirements are
> in the Qt Writing Guidelines wiki.
>
> These points are also  in the Qt Writing Guidelines:
> http://qt-project.org/wiki/QtWritingGuidelines including a checklist for
> adding documentation to a new module.
> We also have an umbrella bug report covering Qt 5.2 documentation issues:
> https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-32173
> As always, feel free to ask questions or if your project has an exotic
> setup that we should know about.
>
> Cheers,
> Jerome P.
> Documentation Engineer - Digia, Qt

I've browsed through the All QML types and All Classes, but i really miss
an easy way to see when a specific class (or QML type) got added in Qt.
Would it be possible to change it to something like this:

All classes
A                                            Since
  QAbstractAnimation            4.6

So just adding a "Since" column to give you a very easy fast overview of
when a class got introduced.
The same for QML types obviously.

Cheers,
Mark