[Development] HEADS UP: Qt 5.3.0 - merge stable into release

Sergio Ahumada sahumada at blackberry.com
Thu Apr 3 09:53:51 CEST 2014

On 03.04.2014 09:42, Heikkinen Jani wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are about to start the "Qt 5.3.0" release as agreed in [1], which
> means that:
>
> - We plan to do a fast-forward merge from 'stable' into 'release' branch
> on April 10th.

Hi,

I think I got lost somewhere. I thought we were going to create a 5.3.0
branch instead of merging stable->release [1].

Also, could somebody clarify how the new branching scheme would look like ?

Maybe drafting something on top of
http://qt-project.org/wiki/Branch-Guidelines ?

It seems to me that there is a decision about going to the 5.x.y
branching scheme, but it is not clear how/when this will be implemented.

Cheers,

[1]:
http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/development/2014-March/015969.html
--