[Development] Question about Qt's future

md at rpzdesign.com md at rpzdesign.com
Mon Apr 21 04:37:11 CEST 2014

Michael:

That is a great question.

I hope you get answers that focus on the mobile side of things (IOS/Android)

With Qt 5.3.0 release just around the corner, will Qt Widgets be able to
run stable on IOS and ANdroid?

Many comments I have seen on this list refers to Qt Widgets as a desktop
oriented toolkit, but I ran Qt Widgets in
test on Qt 5.2.1 IOS/Android and they seemed to work.

What is the design pattern/architecture that QML provides that renders
Qt Widgets obsolete?

Isn't Qt Widgets so mature that they are stable?

Will Qt Widgets / Qpainter be so inefficient on IOS/Android that only
using QML with screengraph/opengl
is the available choice.

The case has not been made either for or against QML and their use cases
not well documented
with respect to the amount of focus on QML and the reasons for that
design direction.

Look forward to the Monday discussion threads....

md