[Development] Changelogs for 5.3.0

Joerg Bornemann joerg.bornemann at digia.com
Wed Apr 23 08:30:09 CEST 2014

On 23-Apr-14 01:09, Thiago Macieira wrote:

> [...] It's also in the
> imperative -- why are you telling the user to rework the implementation?

I reckon, it's because our commit policy
(http://qt-project.org/wiki/Commit_Policy) suggests to use it for commit
messages: "consider the generic Git commit message guidelines", which
says "Write your commit message in the imperative".
According to The Law I have to write the commit message in imperative
and the changelog in indicative mode.
I suggest to use the same mode for commit messages and change logs (I
really don't care which one). This would reduce the chances for mistakes.

Cheers,

Joerg