[Development] Changelogs for 5.3.0

Giuseppe D'Angelo dangelog at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 09:04:35 CEST 2014

On 23 April 2014 08:30, Joerg Bornemann <joerg.bornemann at digia.com> wrote:
> According to The Law I have to write the commit message in imperative
> and the changelog in indicative mode.

I think it's time to become way more strict on our changelog entries,
as I feel we're abusing of Thiago's patience to fix them up before
every release.

And no, commit message and changelog can't use the same rules. A
commit message is usually in the imperative mode, present tense ("Fix
foo"), and uses pluralis maiestatis + indicative in the body ("We do
this, but we should do that, so this commit fixes it"). A changelog
uses indicative past simple ("Fixed foo"), or passive present perfect
("Foo has been fixed"), and in general privileges an impersonal form
("It is now possible to use foo"), all of which indicate that the
change has already happened in the past.

--
Giuseppe D'Angelo