[Development] Question about Qt's future

Sze Howe Koh szehowe.koh at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 04:21:04 CEST 2014

On 24 April 2014 00:35, André Pönitz <apoenitz at t-online.de> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 23, 2014 at 10:50:23PM +0800, Sze Howe Koh wrote:
>> QML is a declarative language
>
> Are you considering sequences of JavaScript statements, especially control
> flow statements, as "declarative"?
>
> Andre'

Of course not. :-) I was highlighting the fact that their declarative
structures make QML or HTML+CSS good for describing a GUI's looks.
This is in contrast to imperative languages like C++ or JavaScript or
PHP -- I don't want to use any of these to describe a GUI's looks.

I consider QML and JavaScript to be different languages. JavaScript
can be embedded into QML to extend QML's capabilities, just like how
it can be embedded into HTML to extend HTML's capabilities.
(Alternatively, one could argue that QML is a hybrid
declarative-imperative language).

Regards,
Sze-Howe