[Development] Question about Qt's future

Joerg Bornemann joerg.bornemann at digia.com
Fri Apr 25 12:18:03 CEST 2014

On 25-Apr-14 04:21, Sze Howe Koh wrote:

> I consider QML and JavaScript to be different languages. JavaScript
> can be embedded into QML to extend QML's capabilities, just like how
> it can be embedded into HTML to extend HTML's capabilities.

Yep, I hear people keep repeating the mantra "QML is declarative. It's
just QML/JS that isn't." Does that buy us anything tooling-wise? No.
Because, even though this thought is true in essence, in practice you
have to use the JS part.
   People throw handwritten QML files full of clever hacks at Qt
Creator's QmlDesigner and wonder why it doesn't fully understand the
magic, even though everything is deemed "declarative" (== "toolable").

BR,

Joerg