[Development] Updating JIRA components relating to events.

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Sat Apr 26 02:27:23 CEST 2014

Hello

I've just noticed that the "GUI: Input methods" component in JIRA has got an
update now saying "(Non-Latin languages)". That is, it seems the purpose of
that component has changed to mean complex input methods only.

I've been reassigning to that component anything that is related to *any*
input method, especially mouse, keyboard and touch, which bug reporters often
submit to "Core: Event System".

Can I ask that we create a "GUI: Basic Input Method (keyboard, mouse, touch)"
component? Does anyone feel like being the default assignee? Please reply in
QTJIRA-258.

I'd also like to ask that we create bug components for the main QPA platform
plugins -- xcb, cocoa and windows -- since often we have bugs that are specific
to those. I've filed request QTJIRA-256 for this, but we need default
assignees.

I'll also create a JIRA task to rename "Core: Event System" to "Core: Event
loop", hoping that fewer people report bugs related to creating events and
consuming them against Core.

Similarly, I'm asking that we move "Core: Gesture support" to "Widget"
(QGestureManager is in QtWidget). [QTJIRA-255]