[Development] Updating JIRA components relating to events.

Paul Olav Tvete paul.tvete at digia.com
Mon Apr 28 10:19:50 CEST 2014

On Friday 25 April 2014 17:27:23 Thiago Macieira wrote:
> I've just noticed that the "GUI: Input methods" component in JIRA has got
> an  update now saying "(Non-Latin languages)". That is, it seems the
> purpose of that component has changed to mean complex input methods only.
>
> I've been reassigning to that component anything that is related to *any*
> input method, especially mouse, keyboard and touch, which bug reporters
> often  submit to "Core: Event System".
>
> Can I ask that we create a "GUI: Basic Input Method (keyboard, mouse,
> touch)"  component? Does anyone feel like being the default assignee?
> Please reply in QTJIRA-258.

As I commented in the task, I would like to request a reversal of the "Non-
Latin languages" renaming. On Android, we use exactly the same infrastructure
for input of Latin-based languages. (Also, there are several non-Latin scripts
that can use simple keyboard input on a desktop computer.) If we have to
rename, I support Thiago's suggestion of "Complex input methods", possibly
with a "text" or "language" thrown in.

[Apology in advance for small rant.]

In the future, could we please not rename components silently without warning?
This renaming effectively edited several of my tasks, making them misleading.
As a bonus it also messed up my filters.

- Paul