[Development] Qt binaries with inlined functions

Koehne Kai Kai.Koehne at digia.com
Mon Apr 28 14:29:53 CEST 2014

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Olivier Goffart [mailto:olivier at woboq.com]
> [...]
> Maybe it should go in qt_module.prf

Thanks, that takes me one step further - linking Qt5Gui fails next. Anyhow, Qt5Core succeeded:

Size of libQt5Core.so.5.3.0 without patch:5.9M
Size of libQt5Core.so.5.3.0 with patch: 9.3M

That's quite a big change! The number of exported symbols (nm -D) for Qt5Core raises from 5440 to 6162.

So, just based on this I'd say we shouldn't do this 'just in case'. Would a configure option suffice? Do any other use cases / projects benefit from this?

Regards

Kai