[Development] Perceptions/Understandings of the QML language [was: Question about Qt's future]

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Tue Apr 29 00:02:50 CEST 2014

Em seg 28 abr 2014, às 23:34:21, André Pönitz escreveu:
> On Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 11:12:47AM -0700, Alan Alpert wrote:
> > Yes, I agree that more rigorous and agreed definitions would be
> > helpful. It also takes time, and impedes innovation, so I'm not sure
> > if we're quite mature enough to "nail down" QML just yet. Should be
> > soon though, in the next few years.
>
> To get this straight: After five years of development the "Maintainer" of
> the Qt Declarative module is neither able nor willing to give a simple
> definition of what "QML" is.

I can't also explain very well what QtCore is and it has existed for 10 years
now.

It's the low-level interface to the OS and basic and tool classes, plus a part
of the XML support, but not all of it. And the item models. And the state
machine. Oh, and a few more tidbits that ended up in QtCore because they are
not really graphical in nature.

So is QtCore the kitchen sink?