[Development] Perceptions/Understandings of the QML language [was: Question about Qt's future]

Koehne Kai Kai.Koehne at digia.com
Tue Apr 29 09:17:14 CEST 2014

Come on Andre, ad hominem attacks do not help. I'd expect better from you as a "Maintainer" yourself (quotes added on purpose).

On to the topic: QML is what the QML parser accepts (that is, JSON like declarative syntax + JavaScript in certain places). No, there's no standard document for it (in case that's what you're after), but it has a well-defined grammar etc. Christian Kamm AFAIR planned a long time ago to add the grammar to the documentation, but I think that never was finished.

And, as always, the documentation can be improved ;)

The discussion so far was whether it makes sense to give the 'declarative' part alone a separate name (something we haven't done so far). I personally agree with Alan that it doesn't make much sense as long as the two parts are technically and practically inseparable. But I'm personally all for an experiment to come up with a more strict, declarative QML subset.

Regards

Kai