[Development] No SSL on iOS ?

Richard Moore rich at kde.org
Tue Apr 29 13:31:58 CEST 2014

On 29 April 2014 12:13, Sorvig Morten <Morten.Sorvig at digia.com> wrote:

> >> What would the best course of action be to add support for secure
> websockets
> >> on iOS?
> >
> > Probably to add a new QSslSocket backend that uses the Apple API.
>
> QSSLSocket/QSslCertificate/QSslCipher is a relatively large API - make
> sure you are aware of the scope of the project and remember you have to
> maintain it :)

I actually started thinking about how a smaller API for some of this could
look. Basically with the idea being that for many applications only a
subset of the full QSslXX apis mattered. If you want me to post my notes
(such as they are) then I'm happy to do so.

> Another option is to skip QSslSocket and implement a direct backend for
> QWebSocket using a native API, for example the SocketRocket project.

I'm not sure that the design of the QWebSocket module really allows this
kind of plugability. Perhaps Kurt can comment?

Cheers

Rich.