[Development] Qt 4.x and Qt 5 frameworks should use @rpath (QTBUG-31814)

Henry Skoglund fromqt at tungware.se
Fri Aug 1 22:00:53 CEST 2014

On 2014-08-01 21:01, Adam Strzelecki wrote:
 > Well, to be frank there is a simple workaround for that :) Why not
symlink Qt frameworks at build time, then replace symlinks with real
copies on deployment step?

 > So the easiest solution would be to symlink Qt frameworks when your
create app bundle otherwise add /full/path/to/qt when you use
bundle-less app. No need to mess with DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Please don't add more file I/O to Qt Creator's build effort, at least
not until Apple switches to BTRFS, since HFS+ can be a real dog
sometimes (compared to Ext4 or NTFS).

Also, a bit of topic, but re. how to divide work between macdeployqt and
Qt Creator, and which one should support @rpath; one way to solve this
would be for Qt Creator to usurp macdeployt, i.e. add a Build for
Distribution menu choice in Qt Creator.

Rgrds Henry