[Development] Qt 4.x and Qt 5 frameworks should use @rpath (QTBUG-31814)

Adam Strzelecki ono at java.pl
Sat Aug 2 11:04:07 CEST 2014

> Please don't exaggerate the performance implications of copying a few frameworks on the first build (…)

This can be done, but discussion is going off-topic.

Let us try first to move Qt frameworks to use @rpath & remove some unnecessary operations while keeping current workflow with minimal changes to the code. Therefore I hereby propose to (1) keep rpath to Qt SDK in built app executable, (2) not copy anything on build, (3) make macdeploy modify ONLY executable removing absolute rpath (instead fixing frameworks), and (4) just copy needed frameworks and (5) optionally sign whole bundle.

This will not require any wrappers, environment variables or changes in Qt Creator to run your app. Only Qmake and macdeploy need to be changed.

Frankly I don't see anything wrong with keeping full path to SDK in executable when it isn't yet completely bundled. And the initial intention was to NOT touch Qt SDK modules once they are built.

Once this is done & working we can follow this discussion and think what can be done next.

--
Adam