[Development] Qt 4.x and Qt 5 frameworks should use @rpath (QTBUG-31814)

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Sat Aug 9 01:52:05 CEST 2014

On Friday 08 August 2014 15:22:44 Jake Petroules wrote:
> In qmake, can you explain why we can't use:
> QCoreApplication::applicationFilePath() + "/../bin", etc.?

Because that might be completely different on other machines. The prefix to the
bin directory is a user choice on configuring, just as any other paths.

And besides, applicationFilePath() may fail on some systems.

In any case, qmake is not tool deployed by the user. No one will care if it
gets patched on installation.