[Development] [Releasing] HEADS UP: Qt 5.4 feature freeze - branch created

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Mon Aug 11 15:42:49 CEST 2014

On Monday 11 August 2014 10:29:23 Heikkinen Jani wrote:
> Friday's 12:00 CET deadline shouldn't be any surprise for anyone: It was
> agreed in release team meeting before summer vacations

The freeze deadline wasn't the problem. It was the lack of being able to finish
the integrations during the weekend, before the usual Monday branching, that
was the surprise.

> But let's move on as already said earlier. What is still missing from 5.4
> branch for Alpha release? According to plans we should have Alpha this
> Thursday so we need to get all needed things in really soon to be able to
> keep the schedule

I've already said the new scheme has delayed me some 4 days. I'm not yet
requesting an extension, though. I'll tell you by EOD Wednesday (your
timezone) if I need it.

As long as QStorageInfo integrates, with its examples and other required
parts, no extension is likely to be needed.