[Development] Is it possible to submit my Qt application for iOS to Apple App Store?

Kuba Ober kuba at mareimbrium.org
Mon Aug 11 22:06:07 CEST 2014

On Jul 4, 2014, at 11:33 PM, Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com> wrote:

> On Friday 04 July 2014 19:02:39 Jake Petroules wrote:
>> Keep in mind that object files are not source code. There is no harm that
>> can be done to your IP by providing them as required by the license. If
>> someone really wants to reverse engineer your application or otherwise
>> compromise or illegally redistribute it, there is nothing you can do to
>> stop them on a technical level.
>
> Giving .o files makes it easier.

That is to a much lesser degree if there is a single `.o` file with none of the internal symbols visible in it. That’s actually easy to do. Just dump all the `.cpp` files into a single file, and enforce symbol visibility. The `.o` should export exactly one symbol (_main) and import only symbols from Qt. This is assuming that LTO didn’t take place. There’s little reason for it if everything is in a single `.cpp` file anyway.

Cheers, Kuba