[Development] Qt 4.x and Qt 5 frameworks should use @rpath (QTBUG-31814)

Sorvig Morten Morten.Sorvig at digia.com
Tue Aug 12 12:51:18 CEST 2014

> On 11 Aug 2014, at 23:15, Jake Petroules <jake.petroules at petroules.com> wrote:
>
> This was mostly a counterargument to people complaining against copying frameworks into the bundle. However, copying frameworks into the bundle is the correct solution, and is what must be done in the end.
>
> It'll be nice when qbs solves all these problems with the run process being powered by an in-place installation…

On to my now standard question: Can you summarize the discussion so far into a proposal on what you want to change? Keep it as short as possible :) For example, I think it’s understood that (incremental) framework coping is fast - no need to go into details. On the other hand I think it’s important to make clear which parts of the current workflow we will leave behind.

Thanks,
Morten