[Development] Network streaming

Michal Lazo michal.lazo at mdragon.org
Fri Aug 22 16:20:41 CEST 2014

As far as I know
qt multimedia use gstreamer on linux and there is also gstreamer 1.0 patch
somewhere.
Internally qt multimedia user playbin (gstreamer element). It is big
playback element
And qt setup gstreamer playbin uri property
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gst-plugins-base-plugins/html/gst-plugins-base-plugins-playbin.html

other examples

http://www.freedesktop.org/software/gstreamer-sdk/data/docs/latest/gst-plugins-base-plugins-0.10/gst-plugins-base-plugins-playbin2.html

and I think that you are looking for this
gst-launch playbin2 uri=udp://239.0.0.1:1234  => try udp://239.0.0.1:1234

On Fri, Aug 22, 2014 at 3:17 PM, Thorvaldur Jochumsson <jochumsson at gmail.com
> wrote:

> Hi
>

> I am currently looking into what is the best way to support viewing of a
> network stream. Currently I am viewing it by using the gstreams API
> directly. I am looking into any other possibilities to view the stream. My
> gst-launch looks like this:
>

> sudo gst-launch -v udpsrc multicast-group=x.x.x.x port=5006
> auto-multicast=true multicast-iface=eth1 caps="application/x-rtp,
> media=(string)video, payload=(int)96, clock-rate=(int)90000,
> encoding-name=(string)MP4V-ES, profile-level-id=(string)3,
> config=(string)xxxx" ! rtpmp4vdepay ! ffdec_mpeg4 ! ffmpegcolorspace !
> ximagesink
>

> What options do I have? Can I use phonon for this purpose? Is it possible
> to wrap the gstreamer implementation behind any interface provided by the
> QMultiMedia library?
>
> If anyone has an example of how to view network rtp stream with Qt I would
> surely appreciate if I could have a copy of it.
>

> Many thanks,
>
> Thorvaldur

Best Regards

Michal Lazo