[Development] Network streaming

Thorvaldur Jochumsson jochumsson at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 15:17:33 CEST 2014

Hi

I am currently looking into what is the best way to support viewing of a
network stream. Currently I am viewing it by using the gstreams API
directly. I am looking into any other possibilities to view the stream. My
gst-launch looks like this:

sudo gst-launch -v udpsrc multicast-group=x.x.x.x port=5006
auto-multicast=true multicast-iface=eth1 caps="application/x-rtp,
media=(string)video, payload=(int)96, clock-rate=(int)90000,
encoding-name=(string)MP4V-ES, profile-level-id=(string)3,
config=(string)xxxx" ! rtpmp4vdepay ! ffdec_mpeg4 ! ffmpegcolorspace !
ximagesink

What options do I have? Can I use phonon for this purpose? Is it possible
to wrap the gstreamer implementation behind any interface provided by the
QMultiMedia library?

If anyone has an example of how to view network rtp stream with Qt I would
surely appreciate if I could have a copy of it.

Many thanks,

Thorvaldur