[Development] Does Qt support customed web browser with self-defined Internet protocols?

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Tue Aug 26 04:43:09 CEST 2014

On Tuesday 26 August 2014 10:02:20 quinn. wj. xie wrote:
> Hello, everyone at development at qt-project
>
> I have a question and want some suggestions. Right now I am learning Qt
> programming. And I was wondering if Qt supports a customed web browser.
> Because our lab is working on a new Internet protocol and the teacher asks
> me to test if a browser can analyze it. So I have to make a new browser all
> by myself and make sure it works with this new protocol instead of TCP/IP.
> Since I am a green hand on Qt, I don't know whether this can work out.
> Would you mind giving me some advice on this project?

Note that this answer depends on which mailing list you ask.

You asked the mailing list that discusses the development of Qt itself.
Therefore, the answer is "yes". All you need to do is write the code yourself
to make it work. But this is probably not easy. If you've got two years to do
this in a master or doctoral thesis, you can probably do it.