[Development] Updating the licence policy for Qt Project

Richard Moore rich at kde.org
Wed Aug 27 22:06:14 CEST 2014

On 27 August 2014 14:55, Oswald Buddenhagen <oswald.buddenhagen at digia.com>
wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 22, 2014 at 07:21:38AM +0000, Knoll Lars wrote:of course lgpl2
> still makes sense for add-ons hosted outside qt-project,
> and ones where the author explicitly doesn't want digia to make money
> from selling this module (though in this case i wouldn't host on
> qt-project to start with).

I think it's a bad idea to start mixing qt-project decisions with digia
decisions. If a 3rd party wants to release an addon as part of Qt and it's
LGPLv2 then I think that's just fine. Digia making money on things should
be independent of qt-project decisions. I also think digia should be able
to release stuff under whatever license they want to - and those parts that
are opensource should also live in qt-project.

Cheers

Rich.