[Development] qsoundeffect and pulseaudio

Simon Werner simon2.werner at tu-dortmund.de
Sun Aug 31 21:44:27 CEST 2014

Hey,

I have some serious problems using qsoundeffect. If I start to play more than 32 instances at the same time my application crashes. This happens on a linux system with pulse audio running. Also the sounds start to stutter shortly before the crash. Running the App on Mac OS X using CoreAudio there are no problems at all. Does anybody have an idea why pulse audio is limited to 32 audio outputs?

Thanks

Regards Simon