[Development] Qt 5.4.0 final packages to be tested

Simon Hausmann simon.hausmann at theqtcompany.com
Wed Dec 10 13:47:33 CET 2014

On Wednesday 10. December 2014 12.05.26 Uwe Rathmann wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Dec 2014 11:20:17 +0000, Hausmann Simon wrote:
> > Yeah, that's an unfortunate bug that slipped in. It is documented as a
> > known issue and tracked in ‎QTBUG-43205
>
> According to http://qt-project.org/wiki/Qt540-KnownIssues I had the
> impression, that installing dbus headers would fix the issue.
> So I tried all dbus devel packages, that are offered from my distro
> without seeing any effect ( started from scratch ).
>
> Would you mind to offer a bit more insight into this issue and how to
> work around it ?

Right, I think the problem that you're running into is that you also disabled
pkg-config.

So the build without dbus headers is broken, but in order for Qt to find the
dbus headers (and library), it needs to ask pkg-config where they are. If
that's disabled (your case), then it looks for them in /usr/include, i.e.
/usr/include/dbus/dbus (technically that's not correct, it searches for
dbus/dbus.h in all the include search paths). If you run configure with -v you
should see the dbus configure compilation test failing, because they are
located somewhere else.

The easiest workaround is to get pkg-config to work for you. The second option
is to cherry-pick the fixes from Gerrit that address the problem of building
without dbus headers (they aren't needed anymore). And the third option might
be to set CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH to help configure and Qt find the headers. You may
have to do the same for the libraries, in case libdbus-1.so isn't in one of
your standard library search paths.

Oh, and the fourth option is to disable dbus with -no-dbus, but I don't know
if your setup allows for that :)

Simon