[Development] Qt 5.4.0 final packages to be tested

Uwe Rathmann Uwe.Rathmann at tigertal.de
Wed Dec 10 14:26:57 CET 2014

Hallo Simon,

> The easiest workaround is to get pkg-config to work for you.

well pkg-config is not broken, because I did something specific on my
box, it is the distro itself, that doesn't seem to provide a valid pkg-
config system. Maybe it is OpenSuSE 13.1 only, but it could also be an
issue of all OpenSuSE distros.

( What raises the question, why configure comes to the conclusion to
enable pkg-config on my box ).

> The second
> option is to cherry-pick the fixes from Gerrit that address the problem
> of building without dbus headers (they aren't needed anymore).

This sounds like my best option - beside waiting for a Qt 5.4.1 coming
very soon. If not it would be helpful to upload your advices somewhere -
I won't be the only one running into this all.

Thanks a lot,
Uwe

As a side note: I need to release a new version of Qwt, only because some
obsolete defines ( QT_STATIC_CONST ) have been removed with Qt 5.4 ...