[Development] QtWayland windows decoration on the Raspberry Pi

Massimo Callegari massimocallegari at yahoo.it
Mon Dec 15 14:43:26 CET 2014

Thanks Robin and Laszlo for the replies.
So I take QtWayland is still a work in progress especially on the Pi.
I personally believe QtWayland should have a special regard for the RPi platform, as they are abandoning the Xorg server, and looking forward to lighter solutions to give users a smoother UI experience. Just my personal opinion, don't take me wrong.
As far as I know, the same is not happening on desktop systems, at least not in a short term.
If Qt can be a first class option to write applications on the RPi + Wayland then you guys have made bingo !
So I guess my current options are to wait if someone ports decoration on the brcm backend or go the QtQuick way (which I already started to do)
Thanks again,Massimo