[Development] QtWayland windows decoration on the Raspberry Pi

Giulio Camuffo giuliocamuffo at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 15:06:26 CET 2014

> Thanks Robin and Laszlo for the replies.
>
> So I take QtWayland is still a work in progress especially on the Pi.
>
> I personally believe QtWayland should have a special regard for the RPi
> platform, as they are abandoning the Xorg server, and looking forward to
> lighter solutions to give users a smoother UI experience. Just my personal
> opinion, don't take me wrong.

I don't think that will happen until the standard Wayland EGL platfom
is available on it, the brcm plugin is kind of a stop-gap measure.
Which shouldn't work when running on Weston, btw. As such, i don't
think you have EGL available. You should get "Using $foo" when
starting a Qt app. What is $foo?
Being a QtWidget application you don't need EGL though, so it should
be fine... unless you're using some QOpenGL* thing.

--
Giulio