[Development] GLSL Optimizer

Sean Harmer sean.harmer at kdab.com
Mon Feb 3 10:17:02 CET 2014

Hi,

On Sunday 02 February 2014 17:09:24 Michal Lazo wrote:
> Hi
> I found pretty nice article about shaders optimization in arm GPU drivers
>
> For example Unity3d use it in there shaders compiler
> http://aras-p.info/blog/2010/09/29/glsl-optimizer/
>
> https://github.com/aras-p/glsl-optimizer
> https://github.com/stskeeps/glsl-optimizer
>

> As it is really easy to add it to Qt OpenGL module.
> Many people simple don't write really optimised shaders and this can help.

Looks interesting. If you'd like to submit a patch please add me as reviewer.
In any case this should be an optional step as we've had a few cases where
some embedded drivers mis-compile/mis-optimise GLSL shaders and so we would
not want to have this enabled for all systems I think.

Cheers,

Sean

--
Dr Sean Harmer | sean.harmer at kdab.com | Managing Director UK