[Development] Improving toInt, toLong, etc.

Robert Knight robertknight at gmail.com
Tue Feb 4 10:49:54 CET 2014

> I'll write QOptional tomorrow or on Wednesday, after I've had the chance
> to read the proposal to C++14 (that was dropped).

What would the plan for handling value access on unset options be?
std::optional<>
throws an exception. I initially did the same when implementing an
Optional<T> class
but ran into the kind of issue described here:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13777446/ios-how-to-get-stack-trace-of-an-unhandled-stdexception
qFatal() seems like the simple and obvious approach.

Regards,
Rob.