[Development] To patch release or not (was: Bug fixes to Stable or Dev branch?)

Gladhorn Frederik Frederik.Gladhorn at digia.com
Thu Feb 6 10:39:23 CET 2014

Hi Tuukka and all,

just like Albert said, it's not so much about the time until the next release. It's more about delivering even more stable Qt releases with less changes that are more reliable.
While I generally think that we are doing quite a good job in improving the quality of Qt with both minor and patch releases, some people really appreciate releases with those few bug fixes like Albert mentioned.
Looking at the stable branch it seems like there are 116 commits for qtbase alone in the stable branch.

I have heard from quite a few people that they would really appreciate those patch releases and ideally we get into the habit of making releases so smooth that it doesn't cost any extra effort. (we're not quite there but getting better and better at making releases)

Greetings,
Frederik

(forgive me for top posting, I'm on a broken web mail client here...)