[Development] QtDBus in official Windows and OSX installers

Roland Winklmeier roland.m.winklmeier at gmail.com
Thu Feb 6 17:28:40 CET 2014

Hi list,

I have a quick question. I know that QtDBus is officially supported for
linux platforms only but I'm using it also on windows and OSX platforms
successfully since one year now.
This means I have to build Qt5 for these platforms myself all the time to
include QtDBus. While this is not a big issue for me individually, its hard
to distribute the custom build to my team. I have no automatic packaging in
place. In the beginning I even did a tarball of the build products. In the
meantime we managed to create an offline installer, but they are still far
away from being as awesome as the official packages are.
Btw. is Qt's Jenkins CI job setup and configuration open and downloadable?
I would love to create a Jenkins CI project out of it and let it create
packages. This would also solve my problem.

But my main question is, is there a chance QtDBus is shipped officially and
what needs to be done for that. I guess one point is to run the dbus unit
tests, but what else needs to be done to ship it at least in an
experimental state? Or is the answer just "No", this will never happen?

Cheers Roland