[Development] SJLJ vs DW2 (Was: Re: Qt 5.2.0 - Beta Release Testing)

Markus Goetz markus at woboq.com
Wed Feb 12 11:45:15 CET 2014

Hi Kai,

On 25.10.13 10:05, Koehne Kai wrote:
> I think the link is outdated. MinGW-builds nowadays supported both dw2 and sjlj exception handling for 32 bit since ages, see e.g.
>
> http://mingw-w64.sourceforge.net/download.php#mingw-builds
>
> (Note that the Mingw-w64 and MinGW-builds projects joined forces just recently, so the mingw-builds binaries are the 'officially endorsed' ones).
>
> Anyhow, Qt itself doesn't really care about SJLJ vs dw2: It compiles just fine with both versions. It's just that, since 5.1, we're building the 'official' packages with a dw2 toolchain.

Are there any plans to also provide official SJLJ packages for mingw-w64 ?
Right now people that don't want to build themselves have to go 3rd
party sites like
http://sourceforge.net/projects/qtx64/files/qt-x64/5.2.1/mingw-4.8/
(Yes, SJLJ is inferior to SEH, but sometimes you don't control the whole
stack/hell of DLLs and just need to use SJLJ)

thanks,
Markus

--
Woboq GmbH | http://woboq.com/
Geschäftsführer: Markus Goetz, Olivier Goffart