[Development] SJLJ vs DW2 (Was: Re: Qt 5.2.0 - Beta Release Testing)

Koehne Kai Kai.Koehne at digia.com
Wed Feb 12 13:03:24 CET 2014

No, there aren't any plans AFAIK. If we'll add a new configuration it'll most likely be a 64 bit one, and we really can't stretch the number of Windows binary packages much further.

> Right now people that don't want to build themselves have to go 3rd
> party sites like
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/qtx64/files/qt-x64/5.2.1/mingw-4.8/

I don't know about this project. However, the mingw-builds folks are also providing Qt packages, which I can only recommend:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingwbuilds/files/external-binary-packages

I'm all for featuring these a bit more prominently within Qt ...

> (Yes, SJLJ is inferior to SEH, but sometimes you don't control the whole
> stack/hell of DLLs and just need to use SJLJ)

Understood. We just made the choice for DW2 because SJLJ was a lot slower, even for people who don't use exceptions.

Regards

Kai